The Virtuous Pagans have acquired CF Drew Stubbs from the Dead Rebels for 2B Brandon Philips.
When Stubbs and Phillips were asked about the trade, they together replied “I thought we were on the same team already?” while scratching each others head.
The Phantom Brigade have received 2B Dan Uggla from the Virtuous Pagans for 1B/LF Adam Lind and SP Ricky Nolasco.
– Will J. Morneau and C. Santana start the season healthy
– Who are his biggest strengths, weakness
– Pitching staff breakdown
– Rookie mistakes to learn from
– Can this team finish last?
1. Are the Fightn’ Fidels a lock to repeat for a 4th straight year?
– Almost. The Fightn’ Fidels not only have the two most powerful CG/SHO pitchers in the league on their staff (C. Lee, R. Halladay), but they are also returning a slew of talented young players who were injured for the most part of the 2010 season (K. Morales, D. Pedroia, A. Bailey). Though their R.M.A. team has some talented pieces, they are all a few seasons away, so in order for the Fidels
to repeat again they have to hope for another strong season from their veteran core and a couple of good mid-season trades/pick ups to solidify their bench positions.
2. Who are the real Hebrew Nationals?
– Over the first month into the 2010 season the Nationals were competing for last place, but by the end of the season were able to make some beneficial moves that allowed them to move back into 5th place. The answer is obvious here. Justin W is one of the premier owners in the league, and proved last year that he could do what he needed to get done in case a disaster struck. The beginning of the 2010 season for the Nationals was a fluke, and I expect them vying for a trophy in the 2011 campaign.
3. Will certain owners increase their league awareness/roster management activity in order to keep pace with the rest of the league?
– Yes. These managers have been told that if they cannot handle the work load of being a Ramrod owner that they need to find a Co-manager to actively run the day to day roster management, or they will be assigned one by the league; and also that their participation on this blog is not mandatory, but strongly recommended.
4. What team is going to be the surprise squad of the year?
– The Virtuous Pagans (formally the Seasoned Veterans) were in the middle of the pack last season until a string of injuries decelerated the progress the team was making. After having an excellent R.M.A. draft, the Pagans have set them selves up for more of the same prospect for prime style trades that allowed them to flourish in the early part of the 2010 season. I would not be surprised to see an emptied R.M.A. squad for a much improved starting lineup by the All-Star break. I could see a 5th or 6th place finish here.
5. Who is the most important player to their Ramrod team?
– It is a tie. The Fightn’ Fidels C. Lee and R. Halladay. The fact is they can almost guarantee to finish 1st in CG’s and SHO’s, and that gives the Fightn’ Fidels a 17-20 point advantage in the standings. They are the foundation of the Fidels rotation, and two of the main reasons why they have won three straight Ramrod Baseball Gold Medals.
* Don’t Forget To Rate The Posts You Like/Hate in the footer of the post were the comments an other devices are.
Every team needs an “Official Name” for the Record Books and Standings. I do not care what you name your team on the actual Yahoo! site is, change it whenever you want to whatever makes you happy. Think of this new name (or official adoption of an old name) as your Franchise name, and whatever you decide to have your team name be on your actual team page be more like a secondary name, an alias of sorts.
I will only allow a “Franchise” name change if the league approves it by vote. This is because after you choose your name I am going to go back and associate everything on this website that has to do with the Team you Own and change it to your Franchise name. So that includes Post Labels, the Standing’s Board, Team News,….ect. Simply put, its a pain in the ass that I do not want to have to do over and over again.
Your Franchise name can be different per sport. I do not mind different names for Baseball, Football, and so on, but you will commit to a name for each sport if you choose not to have one individual brand, and stay with it.
Alexander M – Dead Rebels
Devon R – Kosher Nostra
Justin W – Hebrew Nationals
Daniel O – Hegemon Hardballers
William S – Conscious Daughters
Derek T – Legion of Goons
Jarrod C – Mystic Wizard Tribe
Sklyer S – Tong Clan Hooligans
Alexander G – Fightin Fidels
Patrick P – Virtuous Pagans
Nathan S – Renegade Posse
Adam M – Phantom Brigade
Kenny B – Halfbreed Dominaters
Ryan H – Red Dragons
Mike M – Shadow Assassins
The Seasoned Rookies and The Stonecutters have made a trade. The Seasoned Rookies received Trevor Cahill and Shane Victorino for Dustin Ackley and Marlon Byrd.
The Legion of Goons get Ricky Romero and Stephen Strasburg
The Seasoned Rookies get Justin Morneau and Rick Porcello
I think this might be pat’s first trade!! Pat gets Logan Morrison and Dan Uggla for Pedro Alvarez. In the new format (thanks to wick), there is no need for two second basemen. Pat You got a power hitting prospect that looks to make a run at being the marlins starting first basemen. And BJ gets his third 3rd basemen. Great job for the both.